Thursday, August 14, 2008

Coffee for 'mericans

Dave Beckham (yeah, ironic, isn't it) and his wife Jill have opened up a conservative coffee shop in Indiana. I could comment on the article, but one should look at the quotes for themselves; they make Chevy commercials sound like NPR. The place is bedecked with Ann Coulter books, posters of Reagan and of course, a bunch of Fox TV's (btw, I wonder if all those Fox viewers know that Murdoch keeps a bust of Lenin in his study).

To drive the point home, the place is named, quite simply, "Conservative Cafe."

I must admit, sometimes I think I'm fed up with "liberal bullshit." Just getting a whiff of what the other side has to offer though, like this here little shop of good 'ol fashioned 'merican values, is always a sobering and welcome reminder of why I'll always be out in left field.

No comments: